General Info - Frequently Asked Questions

You may have questions about General Info. Here are a selection of some commonly asked questions and answers to help you. Simply click on a question to see the answer.

What is Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

Visit the DWP website at

How do I apply for PIP?

Please contact the Department for Work and Pensions. Further details can be found on the below link.

Can I get a copy of the assessment report?

The report will be sent to the Department of Work and Pensions as soon as possible after your assessment and you can request a copy from them.

Who makes the decision about my PIP claim?

The case manager at the Department of Work and Pensions will make a decision based on all the available evidence, including the Disability Assessor’s report and any further evidence provided.

How long will the assessment take?

This usually takes up to an hour, but it could take longer depending on your circumstances.

Why am I required to have an assessment?

To ensure we have a full understanding of how your disability affects your day to day living, you may need to have a telephone or face to face assessment.

What if English or Welsh are not my First Language?

If you need an interpreter when you visit us, we can arrange this for you if you notify us in advance.

Can I take notes during my assessment?

Yes you are entitled to take notes for your own purpose and do not need to provide these to the Health Professional who will just record that notes were taken.

Why have I not been asked for a Telephone or Face to face assessment?

We have reviewed your claim, and we feel we have received enough medical evidence supporting your condition in order to complete a paper-based review.

Will I ever be asked to provide my bank details over the phone?

We will never call you unexpectedly and ask for your bank details. If you are asked to provide your bank details over the phone and have any concerns, please abandon the call and contact us as soon as possible.