Comments and complaints

How do I question a decision or make a complaint?

If you are unhappy with the decision about your claim

The Department for Communities are responsible for making the decision about your claim. If you disagree with the outcome of your claim, you can discuss this with them using the contact details below:

How to make a comment or complaint about our service

We are responsible for the consultation process. This includes arranging and carrying out face-to-face consultations. Please tell us if you are unhappy with any part of our consultation service so we can try to put it right. Please contact us by any of the contact methods here. This helps us to understand what we are doing well and where we need to do things better.


You can phone us from Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm:


If you have speech or hearing difficulties, you can contact us by textphone on 02890329675. Please be aware our textphone service does not receive messages from mobile phones.




PIP Complaints
PO Box 392

What happens if I make a complaint?

We will acknowledge all complaints within two working days, outlining the steps we are taking to examine the situation. We will provide a full response to your complaint within 10 working days. The full response will include information about what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.